Last night we held another book club evening where we discussed August’s book, the Alchemist, and selected our 4th Book of the month. For the month of September we will be reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.
Here is some information regarding the book:
The beloved, life-affirming international bestseller which has sold over 5 million copies worldwide – now a major film starring Lily James, Matthew Goode, Jessica Brown Findlay, Tom Courtenay and Penelope Wilton To give them hope she must tell their story It’s 1946.
The war is over, and Juliet Ashton has writer’s block. But when she receives a letter from Dawsey Adams of Guernsey – a total stranger living halfway across the Channel, who has come across her name written in a second hand book – she enters into a correspondence with him, and in time with all the members of the extraordinary Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Through their letters, the society tell Juliet about life on the island, their love of books – and the long shadow cast by their time living under German occupation. Drawn into their irresistible world, Juliet sets sail for the island, changing her life forever.
We will be reviewing this book at our next Book Club on October 6th. Everyone is welcome to join the book club. All you need do is head over to our Facebook Events page and click the Zoom link. Once one Zoom you are invited to register [once] and the follow instructions to add the dates to your calendar. If you have any problems, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can buy this book from Waterstones, WHSmith or other bookshops in Cardiff
- It can be purchased quite cheaply on Kindle (around 99p I believe)
- You may be able to order it from the library
- If you type the title in to Google and click the Shopping tab, you can find quite a few sellers (New and used)
- If you wish to buy the book through Amazon, please click on this link: https://amzn.to/2YXvb4yhttps://amzn.to/2YXvb4y. The church receives a small commission of each sale.